Sunday, February 10, 2008

Friday Don took us to a thrift store that was going out of business. While we were there I saw Don checking out an old piano and I thought "He is so not talking me into buying that piano", so I walked over to explain my stand in the issue and saw "Conover" written across the front of it and totally had to have it! As it turns out, it's an antique and with a little tuning and some work on some of the keys we will have a beautiful antique made by "Conover Piano Company" out of Chicago for only $35! It's nice to know that I can stand firm in my decisions.

So Friday night we took our old piano to a lady who paid us $40 for it, and took most of the stuff from the front driveway to Goodwill to get the front of the house looking nice. We spent most of the day yesterday working on the rest of the house. Poor Heather spent the day in bed with some kind of stomach flu, but seems to be doing better today (with the exception of an ache in her leg)

Don was able to attend a nice "fireside" that was dedicated to the issue of families, which spent some time talking about not limiting the number of children you bring to your home. I wish I could have been there to hear what they had to say, because I whole heartedly agree. God said "Be fruitful and multiply" not "Be fruitful and multiply if you want to", or "Be fruitful and multiply a little".

I think it is a commandment that has been taken too lightly. I think those who believe they should only have a few children should ask themselves where they would be if their parents decided to stop having children just before them, then draw closer to the Lord and ask Him what they should do and act accordingly.

As for me, I would love to have more, I have always found that even though we are of little means, that if we are moving forward with faith, the Lord will bless us and help us through everything he asks of us if we are obedient.

No comments: