Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy President's Day!

Just have a few minutes. Today I started my first day at Winsor Law. Most of the staff had the day off, so I spent my time with a White Out utensil and a stack of papers - I expect tomorrow will be more "exciting". When I came home from work around 1PM the children had already finished their homework and chores - that was a nice change!

Don's mom came home from the hospital yesterday, we wanted to visit her, but she spent most of the day sleeping and we didn't want to interrupt that. She seems to be doing much better. It's amazing how recovery can go so much faster when you're doing it right. The essential oils have been amazing for helping her heal.

A good friend lost one of her Yorkies last Thursday. I feel so bad for her. It's such a sad thing to lose a pet to an accident, we were going to go out to her house on Saturday to visit, but postponed that for next Saturday, so the kids spent time with Grandma Claire, and I visited with my mom while running some errands together.

When I got home I went to my room to change and found a giant heart balloon, a bouquet of flowers, a box of chocolate truffles, and a cute card with a sad looking Boxer puppy on the front that read: "Sure, I've missed people before." on the front and: "But never to the point of buying cards with sad puppies on them. Please...make it stop." on the inside. I had to laugh, it was so cute. Then Don wrote: Dearest Fawn, I really enjoyed spending time with you the last couple of days, It may not have been a hotel stay like I had planned, but I doubt a hotel would have been any more enjoyable. I just love living life with you beside me. You are so radiantly beautiful!" (I don't know about that, but it's nice to hear!) "I love you! Happy Valentines Day, Love Don."
Then he added: "(After spending two days with you, I'm going through withdrawls today being all by myself, 'make it stop'!"

Talk about feeling guilty! I spent the day away because I thought he wanted the time to work without being interrupted! Who knew! Guess I'm still not a mind reader.

I gave him a card with a cute little floppy eared bunny on it that read: "it's Valentine's Day" on the front and: "How about a little Bouncy, Bouncy" on the inside (I thought it was cute, and funny). But I'm definitely not a Hallmark store, so I said (basically) "Thanks for putting up with your crazy wife! Happy Valentine's Day, I love you! Love Fawn"

Anyway, I'm a happy woman and I know I'm totally lucky or blessed or whatever you want to call it for having such a great man (sorry ladies, there's only one of him - and I got him, I got him!!)

Anyway, hope you had a great Valentine's Day weekend too, and I hope to see some more family members popping up with blog spots all over the place soon!

No comments: