Friday, February 22, 2008

I've asked to write down some of their daily "happenings" so I could post them on our blog. So far the only two that have done it are Samantha and her "buddy" Ammon, this is what they said.

Sam: I am so excited about a few things. First of all, I get my braces on in a week and a half. I know, I know, everyone has told me that I am going to hate it when I get them on, but it will pay off when I get them off in Aug. or Sept. Second, I am excited about cheer try-outs. I want to try out for cheer at Westwood High School. Try-outs are on April 18th. And third, I will be seventeen on April 28th and I plan to have a totally cool party!

Ammon: I like Sharks. I wish I had a pet Shark. We have a b.b. gun. My Dad takes me to the backyard to shoot it. It's a lot of fun. Yesterday I got to chop wood with a hatchet. My favorite movie is Batman.

We had our new piano tuned today and it sounds great! The week has flown by with being gone for part of the day at work.

At the new job I have been being trained on how to print letters from daily lists that come in. The process takes getting used to, but is not hard once you get the swing of it. I ordered new business cards for some of the employees, and I'm working on an order for magnets. So far I kinda feel like I'm not really "pulling my load" because I'm doing all the fun stuff. There is an employee there that I'm pretty sure doesn't like me, but I plan to take her to lunch next week. Maybe I can convince her that I'm not so bad...we'll see. I'm supposed to work on the website, but haven't heard from the contact person to get the information I need yet.

Anyway, tonight is date night and we're going to paint the Sun's game for our date (and hopefully I'll be able to talk Don into a little trip to Taco Bell on the way)!

The kids are really making progress on their schooling, so much so that I'm wondering why Don and I didn't switch roles sooner! No, not really. Well, okay, kinda. He's just so much better at mothering than I am - fathering too. Of course, he's had A LOT more practice!

Anyway, off to the game!

No comments: