Monday, December 10, 2007






Yesterday we went to Stake Conference. We planned to get there around 6AM, but never got there till 7:30, which I figured on, so we got there at a good time. The cool thing is, if we hadn't planned on getting there that early, we would have been exceedingly late, because our power went out on our block, it was even out at the Stake Center! President West said a prayer that we would have power for our 10:00 meeting and it came on around 9:30. The meeting was great. I only wish I didn't keep falling asleep during Elder Uchdorf's message - and he kept looking at me! How embarrassing! Of course it didn't help that I went to bed around 2Am and got up around 5:30! So we worked so hard to get there to get a good seat, but in the end it didn't really pay off (for me anyway).


The session was overly packed so Don invited Sister Christensen to sit with us as we thought would still be enough room for the 8 of us in addition to her in the pew. Later Don went to make a quick phone call and Sam and Caianna sat on the pew behind us to help that family save seats for their family and the family that was sitting with them - at that moment Sister Kensey came up and asked to sit in our pew as well. I explained that Don, Sam & Caianna weren't sitting with us at the moment but are "here" and will be back shortly, she sat anyway and looked quite squeezed once the whole family was seated. Then the 3 youngest children engaged them in non-stop conversation after which they took a self-guided tour through their purses - Nope, no terrorists here! Only gum traffickers - they enjoyed the spoils of their mission!


Later Don noted Katelynn standing at the end of the pew looking cross-eyed trying to find the hair that was in her face and had to laugh.


But I did get to see Elder Uchdorf again and report on the challenge he gave us the night before which was to invite someone to the Sunday meeting. I stopped by at a client's house (someone who works with us in our printing co.) and invited them to come. She said that Sunday was their wedding anniversary, but they would come the following Sunday! I'm pretty excited about that!


So after the meeting we went home and slept till around 4PM then headed to Don's folks house for a get together for Debbie. We ate dinner and visited, then we went to Handel's Messiah at their Stake Center, and stayed for her setting apart - she leave for her mission tomorrow!


Anyway, it was a long - but fun day for all!
There's me looking "drunk" again! If all my posterity gets of me is pictures, I'm going to be referred to as the drunk that never had a drink in her life!

No comments: